17 January 2012

Letter from Matlock - 12-6-2011

Dear Family (in Japanese Characters),

    It’s been a while since I’ve written with my own hand.  Computers are just way too convenient! 
            This week was characterized mainly by problems.  Some problems being solved, some problems still staying about the same, and some brand new problems.  Other problems that have went away have come back again, while others have solutions pending in the next week or so.
            One problem that has a solution coming soon is the shower light.  The light bulb in our shower burned out and so the only light we have in there is what can shine through the door.  It’s just as well being dark – I don’t want anyone to be able to see me in there anyways!  That one will be fixed as soon as we go out and buy a new light bulb.  Hopefully by the end of the year.
            Last tidbit is not a problem but a good thing.  Had a huge proselyting activity here in Kichijoji and 30 some missionaries came and found us investigators.  It was awesome.  I haven’t talked with everyone so I don’t know exactly how much there is, but there’s  an American who wants to be baptized apparently!  Then and investigator who came to the Christmas concert later that day and got fellowshipped to death by members so I have no idea what’s even happening with him.  Last time I saw him he was going out to dinner with the choir.  Yeah – it’s that good.
            Bottom line is – things are looking very very good!
                        Adios muchachos
                        Love you all!
                        Matlock Wyman

p.s. One more problem and solution.  Our Zone leaders, lovely Zone leaders have stayed the night here twice already.  First night they barged in and said “Where’s your juice?  I’m gonna drink you out of house and home!”  Then proceeded to do just that.  Second time our juice again mysteriously disappeared without compensation.  They just announced today that they will have to stay here tonight.  As I like to say fool me once shame on you, fool my twice more shame on you.  Fool me thrice shame on me.  All our juice is safely hidden away on our back porch. J

No comments:

Post a Comment