04 February 2011

Letter from Matlock – 3 February 2011


Dear (Family in Japanese characters),                                     18 January 2011

Well now I’m in Oyama.  This is going to be an interesting transfer.  My new companion will be going home, but right now he’s zone leader so I’m going to be going on splits like no one’s business.  So I’ll be holding down an area that I just arrived at once or twice a week.  That’ll be good for me I think.  Two things I still don’t feel confident on is making all the big decisions and taking charge in teaching.  I’ll have plenty of chances to do both of those this transfer.

I will miss Togane though.  When I told a Brother in the ward that I was transferring he said that we both worked really hard and were special missionaries so he wanted to take us out to the most delicious all you can eat yakiniku.  The last time he took missionaries there was about a year ago!  It was an honor that I had not expected, nor did I know it even existed!  This was some seriously delicious yakiniku.  And it was a lot of it.  I was worried afterwards that I was going to have a big beer belly, or I guess a yakiniku belly.  Both are bad, I don’t want either of them.

But now I’m ready to do the same in Oyama!  After going through and organizing the area book (as well as the apartment), I think I lost a little of that fire but after today I should be good.

In other news I’m teething.  I think my wisdom teeth are coming in!  And I’m probably the only missionary in this mission lucky enough to still have them!

Later,
Love
(Elder Wyman in Japanese characters)

No comments:

Post a Comment