17 January 2011

Letter from Matlock – 7 January 2011


Dear (Family in Japanese characters),                         28 December 2010
Well this Christmas pretty much fell flat on its face.  My companion was so sick we didn’t even leave the apartment that day.  We did get a few visitors though.  A brother from the ward came to drop off some Christmas presents and while he was over I solicited him to help with a priesthood blessing.  Then later the a member family came over to drop off the ward Christmas presents and some medicine.  For the rest of the time I just sat there.  I quickly realized that studying gets old after 3-4 hours.  Missionary work is interesting like that.  Having free time is actually the last thing we want.
The day after that was So’s baptism!  I was a little concerned about who was going to do the actual baptism.  But it ended up being a brother in the ward who also became her home teacher from that point on.  I liked how that worked out – a nice transition from missionary lessons to fellowship in the church.
All for now
Love to you all
(Elder Wyman in Japanese character stamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment